6×6 accordion “Friend” Mini Book
This book I made to collect photos of my friends at our monthly get-togethers throughout the rest of the year.
I used all of the Cloud 9 “chocolate chalet” paper kit, stickers from “Brittney’s Castle”, Heidi Grace “thinking of you” clear stamps, pink cardstock Bazzill, ink, pink lipstick ink by Ranger, green, pink, blue and silver ink by Colorbox, and chocolate chip ink and ribbon from Stampin Up.
cut 12×12 cardstock into 6″ strips, scored every 6″ and folded accordion style.
Front Cover, cover with patterned paper, on pink cardstock use clear corner stamps, spell “My”, add brads to corner stamps, and finish with other brads and carsdstock stickers.
Back Cover: cut a 12″ piece of brown ribbon, center on book, adhere, then cover with patterned paper.
Inside pages (front to back)
Usually when I make a mini book I make more than one book. To make the process
easier I will make a general formula for each page. For this book I wanted to alternate the patterned paper pink and brown. Each page was covered in pp,
and one side was for a photo, the other for journaling.
The journaling boxes that were included in the kit had phrases on them that did not fit my project. I used the word cardstock stickers to cover the words and this gives me
the starting point for my journaling as I add my pictures.
1) make large flower with stickers, adding small flowers along stem
2) Cover with pink stripe, and brown circles on the bottom. Add journal box. I double stamped a large corner with the vine stamp. I added the silver on top of the brown to soften it and give it some dimension.
3) cover with brown flowers papers, add text box, and circle stickers
4) cover with brown circle paper, the green is the back side of one of the papers, again I double stamped with brown and silver, adding a flower n the corner
5) cover with pink swirl paper, stamp on white cardstock with corner stamp and brown ink, add cardstock flower
6) cover with brown flower paper, add journal box and pink cardstock flower.
7) use brown paper, stamp with vine stamp and silver ink on left corner. Flower embellishment. Used the large flower stamp, and used the little colorbox inks (which are the same size as each petal!) and I alternated inking each petal then stamped on white paper and cut out. Add circle sticker.
8) cover with pink swirl paper, add journal box.
9) Use brown pattern paper, add journal box
10) use pink paper, same as cover, add brown cardstock, stamp with versa mark using the vine stamp. add cardstock flower.
To finish the book I added the tabs on alternating pages.
What was so great about this project was having a set color pallette and supplies to make the book. By limiting myself to the just the kit I was able to make this pretty quickly and it was fun. I also had lots leftover to add to a scrapbook page, a couple of little cards. The clear stamps gave a really clear image even with the versamark ink. The versamark ink did not show up on the dark patterned papers very well.